Chattanooga Hyrdocollator Mobile Hot Pack Machine - Model M-2 Heating Unit for Professional Use
FREE STANDARD DELIVERY
Please note the normal lead time before this item will ship is 14-21 days. If you need this item expedited please contact our customer service department at 1-866-887-6811 option 1.
*This shipping price is an estimate. If you are a business location or do not live in a rural area, actual shipping costs may be less upon checkout.
*Shipping estimate is for a single unit.
Click here to purchase additional hot packs for your heating unit. Hot Packs for Pain Relief
- High-quality stainless steel
- Thermostatically controlled temperature
- 3” (8 cm) swivel-type rubber casters for silent, friction-free movement
- Easy maintenance. Simple to fill and drain. No plumbing required
Step By Step Instructions
The Hydrocollator Heating Unit is equipped with an immersion type heating element and a hydraulic capillary-type thermostat which evenly maintains the Hot Pac temperature in the water and provides a ready supply of heated packs. It is critical to maintain the water level over the top of the HotPac to avoid damage to the heating element, the stainless steel, or the HotPac. Water is constantly lost during operation due to evaporation. Therefore, it is essential that water be added daily. The tank should aslo be drained and cleaned systematically, at minimum intervals of every two weeks.
Always unplug the unit from the power source when emptying or cleaning the unit. Drain the unit by the drain valve located at bottom rear of unit. Either move the unit to a floor drain or attach the extension hose to it when draining. (E-1 units have no drain and can be emptied by turning unit upside down.)
1. The interior of the unit should be cleaned, at least every two weeks, using a low abrasive bathroom cleaner with a soft cloth or green, blue, white Scotch-Brite type scouring pad. Stainless steel wool may be used if necessary, but not regular carbon steel wool. Check for low or no chlorine content in your cleaner and make sure that the residue is thoroughly rinsed away with water.
2. A strong solution of vinegar and water may be used to dissolve away deposits, which then must be thoroughly rinsed away with water.
3. For exterior cleaning, use stainless steel polish and a soft clot only. Numerous industrial stainless steel polishes are available from various supply companies. Use of any cleaner except stainless steel polish on the exterior of the unit is not recommended. Abrasive cleaners and scouring pads can damage the finish of the unit.
Care of HotPacs
Always return the Hydrocollator HotPac to the hot water of the heating unit after each treatment. There it is heated, kept clean, and ready for immediate use. The HotPac may be boiled; however, this hastens the deterioration of the pack. The pack may also be cleaned by scrubbing the pack with soap and water. The simplified method of keeping the pack clean is to keep it immersed in water.
The Hydrocollator HoPac, under constant daily use, should have a useful life of at least one year. When the pack begins to wear out, the filler oozes and leaks through the fabric of the cloth; sections of the pack appear to be loose and empty and will not retain heat properly. The pack should be replaced when it reaches this state.
HotPac Storage: If HotPacs are to be stored for extended periods, they may be placed – while wet – in plastic bags and stored in a freezer.