Core PowerWrap® Wrist Brace
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING
*Shipping estimate is for a single unit.
Get a custom fit every time with a quick pull on the straps. Easy to wear and adjust. Durable outer shell with a soft, resilient fabric lining provides a comfortable fit over tender spots. Aluminum palmar spoon places wrist in a cock-up position. Recommended for weak and injured wrists or to help prevent reinjury. Available in Black or White. One size fits most; specify right or left.
- Wrist Sprain/Strain; Ligament Injury; Other.
Wrist Supports Benefit Options
- Lace Design: Great for post injury and provides excellent compression & wrist/forearm support.
- Swelling reduction
- Retain proprioception (sensory perception of area)
- Retain strength
- Limits abnormal motion but allows appropriate & necessary motion.
- Upper arm
- Snug Fit Measurement: Devices are sized at a compressed fit.
- Measuring loose vs. skin tight can result in incorrect measurement.
- Measurement taken as wrist circumference.
- Forearm measurement around the largest part of the muscle group.
- Can be dictated by support used.
- Choose best device for injury.
- Style of support given to patient is usually based on occupation.
- Support length should be enough to control stresses at wrist for patient’s level of activity.
- If wrist needs motion limits, a wrist brace with a spoon or stay may be needed.
- If control of the thumb needs limiting, a brace with this function should be considered.
- Fitted with patient’s palm facing up (Supination).
- Laces are fixed within the two velcro straps. Make lace adjustments first.
- Straps closest to fingers fitted first.
- Straps closest to elbow fitted last.
- Apply the large velcro base tab and then pull across the long/slim velcro tab to appropriate tightness.
- The boney prominence on the wrist (Ulnar Styloid Process) can make it difficult to fit wrist supports because of pressure points.
- Check fitting through wrist function.
- Make sure brace has been fitted with appropriate strap tightness.
- Brace should not dig into or irritate boney prominence on the wrist (Ulnar Styloid Process).
- Add compression from straps/tabs starting with straps closest to fingers up the brace finishing with strap closest to elbow.
- Decrease compression strap tabs from elbow to fingers.
Disengaging Velcro and securing tabs prior and after wearing will help with future fittings.