Thera-Band Soft Weights - Red - 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING
*This shipping price is an estimate. If you are a business location or do not live in a rural area, actual shipping costs may be less upon checkout.
*Shipping estimate is for a single unit.
The Smart Alternative to Conventional Weights
One size ball available in six different weights.
Thera-Band® Soft Weights are hand-held, ball-shaped isotonic weights - a soft alternative to traditional isotonic dumbbells providing users more versatility for strength training and rehabilitation exercises. They are unique because the size of the ball, with a diameter of 4.5", does not increase as weight increases, allowing for a consistent and functional grip. This allows for either unilateral or bilateral exercise progressions, either independently, or with a partner.
Soft Weights follow the Thera-Band system of progressive exercise and are available in six color-coded weights, ranging from tan (½ kg/1.1 lbs), to black (3 kg/6.6 lbs), increasing in 1/2kg/1.1 lb. increments. Soft Weights allow users to increase weight in resistive training and rehabilitation programs without changing grip or technique, which is fundamental to the principles of progressive exercise.
In addition to traditional strengthening exercises for the upper and lower body, the Soft Weights can be used for many other applications. Their soft texture allows for functional grip or exercises for individual fingers which aid in hand and wrist rehabilitation. The Soft Weight can also be used for plyometric exercises for the upper extremity with a rebounder or mini-trampoline. Balance training or stabilization exercises can also be performed using the Soft Weight for patients with lower extremity or lower back injuries.
Each Thera-Band Soft Weight is accompanied by a guide that demonstrates proper exercises for a variety of applications.
- A soft alternative to traditional isotonic dumbbells which provides users more versatility for strength training and rehab exercises
- Hand-held, ball shaped weights allow for unilateral or bilateral exercise progression, easy use with balance training and stabilization exercises or with a rebounder or mini trampoline for plyometrics
- A compelling alternative to neoprene, vinyl or coated dumbbells, ball diameter does not increase with weight and offers standard 4.5" for consistent and functional grip
- Ideal for older adults, people with arthritis or limited grasping ability, and people in toning, shaping and sport-specific programs
- Includes a guide that demonstrates proper exercises for a variety of applications, use with balance training and stabilization exercises, or with a rebounder or mini trampoline for plyometrics